Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Security Theatre

I woke up late this morning, after telling my alarm clock that it was far too early for me to be awake.

We got to the airport with 45 minutes until my plane was supposed to take off, but the skycap informed me that I couldn't check bags through to Tokyo without going inside. 20 minutes later, I was informed that it was too late to check my bags there, and that I'd have to try my luck at the terminal. I got to the gate just after the doors closed, and had to wait for the attendants to come back out before I could figure out what the next step was.

One of the airline employees managed to get me on another flight, this time through Seattle. Now that I had an extra few hours, I went back to the ticket counter to check my bags, and then got to go through airport security again. This time, since I had the dry run already, I didn't have any problems, and have just finally eaten breakfast and had enough coffee in me to start feeling human.

No comments:

Post a Comment