Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Autumn Equinox Day

Last night, I got into Tokyo, and went into the first hotel I could find after I got off the train. It wound up being just slightly bigger than the bed, with a very tiny bathroom off to the side. But, it was a shower and a bed, and was close to a gyuunyuu restaurant, so I didn't much care. I stand by my earlier statements that Yoshinoya is really missing out on the US college market.


Today is Autumn Equinox Day (apparently), which means that all the government offices and post offices are closed, and I can't get my Alien Registration Card. This means that I can't open a bank account or get a cell phone, which were the other things I had planned today.

But, I did get to move into my temporary apartment. This'll be my home for the next week, until I move into my final apartment on Friday. I get to go see it on Monday, but have already gotten one of my coworkers to take some pictures of the inside and do a walk-through, so I'll have some idea of what I'm getting into.

I have internet again in my apartment for this week, so I'm able to check email and such. I should be able to get more passport photos tomorrow, and then I get to register as an alien on Monday, and hopefully open a bank account and get a cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment